In celebration of independently owned businesses in the United State commonly tagged "Small Business Saturday", president Obama and his daughters were seen purchasing books at the Politics & Prose bookstore in Washington, D.C.
This portrays the president as a role model and lover of books. He is also said to be one of American's most bookish president and has often expressed that literature has massively influenced his politics.
Even the president of the United States of America has time to pop into a bookstore to pick up new books to read. This shows that no matter your position in life you should never stop learning and making time to improve yourself.
Curious which books Obama purchased? Here is the list, according to the White House:
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business by Barbara Park
- A Barnyard Collection: Click, Clack, Moo and More by Doreen Cronin
- I Spy Sticker Book and Picture Riddles by Jean Marzollo
- Nuts to You by Lynn Rae Perkins
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by Barbara Park
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Redwall by Brian Jacques
- Mossflower by Brian Jacques
- Mattimeo by Brian Jacques
- Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms by Katherine Rundell
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan
- The Laughing Monsters by Denis Johnson
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Nora Webster by Colm Toibin
- Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China by Evan Osnos