The Scottish Arts Club in Edinburgh, has announced the second annual Short Story Competition with celebrated author of popular 44 Scotland Street novels, Alexander McCall Smith as chairman of the judging panel.
The competition is open to all writers worldwide aged from 16 years upwards with unpublished stories. Short stories entered for the competition should be 1,500 words or less and can be on any topic of the writers choice. Stories submitted do not have to be associated with Scotland.
Competition entries must be fresh unread creative piece of interest. The First Prize of £800 will be presented during the Scottish Arts Club Short Story Awards Dinner on Saturday 12 September 2015.
Signed copies of a novel by Alexander McCall Smith will be awarded to all finalists, and all finalists’ stories will be placed on the Scottish Arts Club website.
If you would like to enter the Scottish Arts Club Short Story Competition 2015, please read carefully the terms and conditions of entry below:
- Closing Date: 31 March 2015
- Word Limit: 1,500 words (stories over the word limit will be disqualified)
- Fees: Every story entered carries a £10 fee which could be paid by Via Pay Pal or by cheque payable against a UK bank, made out to the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust.Please follow this link for the entry form and payment details
- Format: All submissions should be via email, in English, double spaced, 12pt, in Microsoft Word or in a PDF format.
- Submission: Your entry email should include 2 elements the Entry Form and The Story. The Entry Form is here
- Returns, Changes: No corrections can be made after submission, nor fees refunded after entry.
- Copyright: The WORK submitted must be original, fictional, and entirely the author’s own work.
- Judging: The Scottish Arts Club guarantees that judging will be anonymous, impartial and fair.
- Publicity: By entering this competition all writers agree that if they are among the finalists, their identity and town/country of residence may be released to the media and their stories may be published on the Scottish Arts Club website.
For more information, visit http://www.writing.ie/writing-comps/scottish-arts-club-short-story-competition/
Interested Nigerian brethren across Europe, this one is for you! Good Luck!