Monday 15 December 2014

Renowned Literary critic, Ikhide Ikheloa advises Nigerians to shun Obasanjo’s Memoir

US based Nigerian literary critic, Ikhide Ikheloa has a lot to say following the launch of former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo's memoir titled 'My watch'. See below the comment he left on his Facebook page,  urging Nigerians to boycotted the book.
"Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo has a memoir out. It is NOT called, My Loot: How I pillaged and raped Nigeria, stole everything and left the carcass for buffoons".
"It is interesting that there was a book launch even when the courts had ordered otherwise. As usual Obasanjo the Horrible, with the collusion of his publishers, is above the law. This is not the change that we seek".
"I will not be buying this self-serving memoir; the sordid truths of how Obasanjo squandered Nigeria's promise and trashed his personal life are on the Internet. Google is your memoir. If you love Nigeria, do not buy the book. Because if you do, you will be lining the pockets of Obasanjo, Enemy of Modern Nigeria".
"It is my ernest hope that the book bombs in sales, that the hooliganism that this awful man visited on Nigeria is visited on the book, by pirates who will sell the pirated copies for pennies and pocket all the change. Not that he needs the money; I am sure that at the "book launch", semi-illiterates sprayed millions of Naira on the alleged memoir".
"I will not be reading the book; there is nothing Obasanjo will tell me that is either new or the truth. I urge you to boycott the book. But that is a silly wish; you are a Nigerian intellectual, you will buy the book, beg for an autograph and take a selfie with the man that has ruined your children's present and future. You deserve the book, Obasanjo, and your fate. Nonsense".

1 comment:

  1. I am actually looking forward to reading this... The fact that the courts have banned it just make it more appealing to me :)

    ReplyDelete